Monday, November 22, 2010

Please Pass The Salt....

Another Neigborhood dinner at local "Allium" stimulated both our taste buds and conversation. We have to thank our fabulous neighbors, Jim and Carol who thoughtfully invited us to join them earlier in the day when they were called from the waiting list.


Chacuterie Plate
Artisan Bread
Tonight we began with a delicious Chacuterie Plate. The mousse-like pate was full of flavor and the cured meats went well with the artisan bread and a smear of mustard even though the bread was a little hard.


Our second course was a stunning Chanterelle Tart, which comprised caramelized onions as well as the duck fat roasted chanterelle's. Sadly, I did have to add a little salt which I never do at a good restaurant and yes, my jeans are a little tighter today! 
Chanterelle Tart
The salad course was refreshing although radicchio is always a little too bitter for my taste and there wasn't anything to balance it as the garlic dressing and mimolette cheese were not at all sweet.

Life was all good again when the fourth course arrived. The Braised Lamb with sweet onions, and currants was INCREDIBLE! The lamb melted in my mouth along with the accompanying brown butter Orzo. It was so good, we had several plates of it. Lost in my indulgent eating, I forgot to take a photograph so you'll just have to imagine it.
Roasted Ling Cod and Manilla Clams in Mint Citrus Butter

Now you'll have to take my husbands words on this fifth dish as I am allergic to shellfish and was unable to partake. He assures me that the Manilla Clams in Mint Citrus Butter were divine. His exact words were "oh, oh my, oh yeah!". He wasn't as excited about the roasted Ling Cod but I would probably have enjoyed it. Instead, I feasted on the just crisp heirloom carrots in wild blackberry honey, sage and sea salt....yum! 

Dessert was Pumpkin Pecan Pie which was a little heavy for my taste as I am not a huge dessert fan but everyone else appeared to enjoy it!


The wine was delicious as always. I started with the King Fish Chardonnay and then move to a red. Here is the aftermath!



As always, you can read more reviews at urbanspoon.

Allium Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment